[HECnet] Re: VMS sources

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Jan 8 11:55:33 PST 2013

Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> writes:

--14dae9399c9b7bb3bb04d2cc44b1 Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=ISO-8859-1

I think I remember that believe Bob got one of the much older (Vax)
versions sprung free with a hobbyist license on a CD.     It was not clear
how useful/complete it was, since it lacked the build environment.

In the early days, VMS source was shipped on 9-track tape with VMS.   I
remember perusing the contents when I worked at my Uncle Sam's US Navy
Automated Test Program Generation and Automated Test Equipment Division
at Lakehurst NAEC...   Today, however, only the listings are provided and
they are sanitized to elide some IP and things like the LMF.

Current sources are still protected HP IP

Correct.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG