[HECnet] DU11 vs. DUV11

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jan 6 12:24:21 PST 2013

On 2013-01-06 21:18, Johnny Billquist wrote:
I think only the 11/130 had the TU58. The /110, as John mentioned,
supported only downline loading of the system from somewhere else.
I know I've seen the manuals... Hmm, hang on...
Ah! Found it.
The PDT-11/150 documents sits under pdp-11 on bitsavers.
The PDT-11/110 and /130 sits under terminals on bitsavers. That's why I
didn't find it at first...

And of course, reading through manuals always gives answers...

Yes, it's RSX-11S that was supported on the PDT-11. Page 1-5 of the PDT-11/110 and /130 manual.

Hmm, reading through this a bit more, it would appear that the /110 was intended for RSX, while the /130 was intended for RT-11.

Makes sense, I guess, since you could have a pretty full RT-11 environment there, but for RSX, you'd need some other system for the development, and run the PDT-11/110 with no mass storage, and 11S downloaded at boot, running diskless.