[HECnet] Drives for a VAX-11/730

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Jul 16 22:38:15 PDT 2013

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013, Johnny Billquist wrote:

SCSI has already been mentioned. On the 8650 I "have", there is UDA-50
with RA92 and RA73 drives, and CI, which in the end leads to more SCSI
disks....

But you can't hook CI to a 11/730 either...

Awwww.

Unfortunate, but nto surprising.

    I   ve actually had the 11/730 for about fifteen years now     I restored
it out of parts from two different 730s that were scrapped.   It   s been
fairly easy to keep running except for the drives, and although it   s
admittedly a bit slow, it   s a cool machine.

It is horribly slow... :-)

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects