[HECnet] Drives for a VAX-11/730

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Jul 16 22:32:32 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-15 16:37, Clem Cole wrote:
Unibus to SCSI is probably your best bet.

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/cmd/CDU-720_May92.pdf

These are available on eBay for about a $1K last I looked.     You'll need
to poke around the VMS web sites for the drivers, but we had some of
these on a couple Unibus machines, including a 780 a >>long<< time ago.
    I know no reason why it would work for a 730 - although you might
need to sysgen on a working system to create the boot disk.

Something like a CDU-720 will work just fine. Normal MSCP, so no special device drivers needed either. Works fine in an 11/730, or any Unibus machine in fact. Bootable on just about anything as well.

	Johnny

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Bob Armstrong <bob at jfcl.com