[HECnet] New addition to Cisco mesh

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Jul 2 03:58:13 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2 Jul 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

  But you found it.   One thing that you may not have run into yet is
that, in situations like that, 99% of the "I.T." people out there would
never have figured it out, and after ten minutes of googling, would have
called vendor support.   That's why vendor support, as useless as it is
to people who know what they're doing, is so popular amongst suitly
companies...so they can hire cheap I.T. people who don't know what
they're doing.

                    -Dave

Ahhhhhhh.   Yeah.   I don't like to give up on a task.   I once spent a year off-and-on trying to get a site-to-site VPN to work properly.   I eventually switched software and re-did the config and got it working.

We DID try vendor support though (we tried every other option).   That failed as the vendor support misunderstood our question.   I eventually gave up and tried a different vendor-agnostic approach. ;)

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff