[HECnet] DECserver management software for VMS

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun Jun 16 22:15:41 PDT 2013

On 16 Jun 2013, at 17:11, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 16 Jun 2013, at 16:59, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com
<mailto:mcguire at neurotica.com>> wrote:

On 06/16/2013 04:51 PM, Bob Armstrong wrote:
Dave McGuire wrote:
I've never heard of it

http://h30266.www3.hp.com/masterindex/installation_guide/installation_guide_
0000b767.txt

It's basically the VMS kit that contains the DS200 load software, but it
comes with several useful command procedures too.

Neat!   Thanks for the pointer.   I've always just gotten the bare images and
dropped them into place...I guess I never stopped to think of how those
images would've gotten installed in the first place.

When I was a VMS sysadmin, we used a few Emulex terminal servers
("Performance 4000" if memory serves) that were really nice...I don't recall
them having to boot from the network, though.   I have a few of those here
with dead power supplies.   I should send them to Cory. ;)

Go ahead. ;)   I   m could use some more systems to replace the power supplies
on! :)

  Be careful of what you ask for! B-)

Good thing a lot of stuff can double as furniture!   A solid stack of switches and terminal servers is better than some of the crap you   d find at IKEA!

My supply of computer PSUs is running short, I might need to start scrapping
other stuff.

  PC power supplies shouldn't be to tough to find...Craigslist, etc?

Yeah, it just involves finding    em in bulk.