[HECnet] DECserver management software for VMS

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Sun Jun 16 22:08:20 PDT 2013

"Cory Smelosky" <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

On 16 Jun 2013, at 16:43, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

=20
On 06/16/2013 04:08 PM, Bob Armstrong wrote:
Does anybody have a copy of the DECserver-200 management kit for VMS, =
v3.0?=20
It=92d be DS2030.A and DS2030.B.   I have the v2.0 kit, but not 3.0.
=20
Urrr?   I don't have it, but then I've never heard of it.   Does it =
allow for
things like centralized management of a group of DECservers or =
something like
that?

I believe it allowed you to configure different software images based on =
MAC address.   It seems to have simplified a couple things.

I could be wrong.

Just how many software images would one need for a DECserver-200.   I would
have installed the latest and greatest, and disregarded and discarded any
prior versions.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG