[HECnet] DECnet default access on RSX...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Jun 15 12:23:26 PDT 2013

Hi, Bob.

On 2013-06-13 15:11, Bob Armstrong wrote:
        or    What I know about DECnet-11    (several things, undoubtedly :-)

    I have a DECnet-11 RSX-11M (no    +   !) system, LENTO.   On LENTO I can say

                              >NFT LEGATO::/LI                                                     [LEGATO is a
VMS node]

and I get a directory of the default DECnet account on LEGATO - exactly
what I   d expect to happen.     But if I say

                              >NFT MIM::DU:[4,54]/LI                             [MIM being an RSX node]

I get

NFT -- Error in reading directory MIM::DU:[4,54]

              Access control rejected

On VMS this behavior is controlled by the    SET EXECUTOR DEFAULT ACCESS
       characteristic, but DECnet-11 doesn   t seem to have an equivalent.
What   s the secret to making this work on RSX?

Right.
The problem is that in RSX you do not have a default access account.
My workaround for that is to use DECnet proxy information. However, I'm not sure that is available in 11M. But that is what you need to look for. I know of no other solution.