[HECnet] DECnet default access on RSX...

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Thu Jun 13 14:11:31 PDT 2013

       or    What I know about DECnet-11    (several things, undoubtedly :-)

   I have a DECnet-11 RSX-11M (no    +   !) system, LENTO.   On LENTO I can say

                             >NFT LEGATO::/LI                                                     [LEGATO is a VMS node]

and I get a directory of the default DECnet account on LEGATO - exactly what I   d expect to happen.     But if I say

                             >NFT MIM::DU:[4,54]/LI                             [MIM being an RSX node]

I get

NFT -- Error in reading directory MIM::DU:[4,54]
             Access control rejected

On VMS this behavior is controlled by the    SET EXECUTOR DEFAULT ACCESS        characteristic, but DECnet-11 doesn   t seem to have an equivalent.   What   s the secret to making this work on RSX?

Thanks,
Bob