[HECnet] Anyone got TOPS-20 / Ultrix with DECNET SIMH image ready to run?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jun 12 19:54:03 PDT 2013

On 06/12/2013 02:50 PM, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:
But it was far better than its predecessor (VAXwindows?   I forgot
what it was called -- a VMS-specific windowing system developed at
DEC, and dumped after a year in favor of X.

DECwindows.   I loved it, but then I loved X more. =)   (and

Hmmm IIRC DECWindows IS Xwindows (just a commercial moniker for it). I think the name we are looking for is VWM.
Correcting myself: VWS

  Yes that. :)   Then there was, if memory serves (but these are VERY
dusty neurons!) UWS, for the Ultrix version, but it might've been
something different.   (I know I've seen, have installed, and probably
still have TK50s that say "UWS" on them, or "Ultrix with UWS")