[HECnet] discontinuance of VMS

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Jun 6 19:13:44 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-06 10:53, Mark Benson wrote:
I wouldn't hold out hope for the Hobbyist program lasting much longer
than 2016 or at best the 2020 EOL.

Afraid you might be right. However, a pipe dream would be that HP
actually released all DEC-related stuff at that point. Finally shaking
RSX and other PDP-11 software free would be nice.

That would be VERY nice. ;)

Ultimately, we don't *need* it we just prefer working legitimately if we
can. How many people here have legit RSX-11 licenses and still use it as
Hobbyists anyway?

How about having legit license, and use it professionally? (Yes, we do
exist...)

Anyway, yeah, from a pure practical point of view, the licenses are not
really needed.

	Johnny