[HECnet] OpenVMS Webinar Series

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Mon Jun 10 15:29:50 PDT 2013

Joe Ferraro <jferraro at gmail.com> writes:

Perhaps a little off topic for the group in some ways...

Has anyone attended a Connect OpenVMS Webinar? This one is a bit late
(early?!) for those of us in the States... but I'm always games for a
late-night technical conference.

Yes.   Basically like a WebEx or GoToMeeting type presentation.

BTW, there are two sessions.

http://connect-community.site-ym.com/events/event_details.asp?id=326729
at 12:00pm-1:00pm India Standard Time (UTC/GMT + 5:30 hours) which trans-
lates to 2:30 AM EDT.   I'm, hopefully, asleep at that time. :)

http://connect-community.site-ym.com/events/event_details.asp?id=326728
at 9:00pm - 10:00pm India Standard Time (UTC/GMT + 5:30 hours) which
translates to 11:30 AM EDT.   Just in time for lunch.

OpenVMS Application Modernization Series=96III

Software development environments on OpenVMS: Developing software employing
latest technologies, including Open Source

http://connect-community.site-ym.com/events/event_details.asp?id=326729

Brett Cameron, whom I know (he and I tossed back a few beers back in March),
presented the "OpenVMS Application Modernization Series=II" webinars back in
May, so I presume he's continuing this series with this one.   I've sent off
an email off to ask for an abstract and other details.   If this is Brett as
presenter, most definitely join in.   Brett's a great speaker, very knowlege-
able and, hopefully, you'll enjoy his New Zealand accent.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG