[HECnet] discontinuance of VMS

lee.gleason at comcast.net lee.gleason at comcast.net
Thu Jun 6 17:33:09 PDT 2013

From: "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com>

>   I still use a handheld digital multimeter (Fluke 77) that I got 22 years
>ago.   It still works great, holds its calibration, and does its job well.
>But if I were a proper American, I should've thrown it in the trash 15-17
>years ago and purchased a new one, for no valid reason.

   The two tools I use the most for electronics are a Tektronix 465 and a Fluke 8022. Both made around 1975, both heavily used and have many many hours   on 'em,   and both still   work perfectly. I expect them to keep doing so for quite a while longer.   Back in the day, if you were wiling to   pay extra for quality, you really got it, not like today.
  --
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants
lee.gleason at comcast.net