[HECnet] Connected to MIM on my VT420

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Mar 29 20:28:36 PDT 2013

On 03/29/2013 11:25 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On 29 Mar 2013, at 23:21, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 03/29/2013 11:19 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
You need a VT05   if you don't already have one. ;)

I don't have one, and likely never will.   One got exhibited (it belongs to
Mike Ross) along with my PDP-11/70 at VCF-East last year, though.

I have several VT52s, and a couple of VT50s.

(and I was actually talking about my coffee above..)

Hello!
I know. Going to do a repeat performance on your PDP-11 setup this
year? (And this presupposes we are good for the VCF.)

This year??   There's no VCF-East this year.

Next year...probably not, as I've already exhibited it.   I'll pick
something else.   Any suggestions?

Maybe one of the DEC-20s.   Unfortunately that still leaves the issue of finding a MASSBUS drive.   Perhaps we could do a low-speed WAN cluster of TOPS-20 if the older versions had those features and would run on your 202s.   I'll need to go read the manual again   I forget what it's called but I recall TOPS-20 having some cluster-like features...

  That would be awesome, but finding a MASSBUS drive is proving difficult. :-(