[HECnet] Trying to build SIMH from git (on OpenIndiana)

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Mar 16 21:06:45 PDT 2013

On 16 Mar 2013, at 23:46, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 03/15/2013 07:36 PM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
Yes! Now to get the NICs working so I can test simh entirely.;)
What do you need NICs for simh? What are you running?
Solaris 10 zone.   klh10 and some of my VMs need dedicated NICs in
order to function properly with DECnet.

-brian
Get 11 if you can. CrossBow makes this SOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier. :)
I'm using a SPARC.   Solaris 11 dropped support for UltraSPARC III.
That SUCKS! Ok, carry on as you were. :)
It really does suck. :(   The sun fire V480 is a great piece of hardware.

Indeed it is. I hope OpenSXCE gets off the ground in a meaningful way.

It runs great.   I talk with the guy (Martin) every now and then.   I
believe he's the kind of guy who is motivated by people actually using
his stuff.   I say RUN it. (it runs great!) And tell him about it.   Thank
him for it.   Then he'll continue to make it happen.

I did that a little while ago and never got a response.   I believe I was polite and I know I definitely thanked him. I was certainly not insulting him.   I would run it if I could get zones to work at all.   That's the limiting factor for running OpenSXCE.   Along with my inability to get more than the one drive working to help with staging. ;)