[HECnet] Trying to build SIMH from git (on OpenIndiana)

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Mar 13 12:26:12 PDT 2013

On 3/13/2013 2:40 PM, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm wrote:
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
Thoughts?

-brian

wonko at zaphod$ make vax
lib paths are: /lib /usr/lib
using libm: /lib/libm.so
using librt: /lib/librt.so
using libpthread: /lib/libpthread.so /usr/include/pthread.h using libdl:
/lib/libdl.so /usr/include/dlfcn.h using libpcap: /usr/include/pcap.h
***
*** vax Simulator being built with:
*** - compiler optimizations and no debugging support. GCC Version: 4.3.3.
*** - dynamic networking support using Solaris provided libpcap
components.
***
Hi Brian,

Sorry about this.   I checked in a change yesterday in response to someone who complained about the include guards which simh's include files were using which defined symbols starting with _.   I messed up one of the new guard names which didn't matter on the platform I tested the build on.

The right change has been checked in now.

Much better, thank you!

Also, the error message from the set cpu idle command on solaris is MUCH BETTER now, thanks at least for that. :)

MicroVAX 3900 simulator V4.0-0 Beta
sim> set cpu idle
Idling is not available, Minimum OS sleep time is 11ms
Command not allowed
sim>

Now to get it working on solaris.

-brian