[HECnet] Vt100 tester

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Mar 4 12:14:29 PST 2013

Sorry for the side bar  for those of you never been to Cambridge, MA  -- but this is true DEC history ...

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM, John Wilson <wilson at dbit.com> wrote:

www.eli.com.   I assume it's just "& son" now (Neal Heffron I think?
he was cool).   Their *awesome* dusty old shop is long gone

check out:   http://www.eli.com/index.cfm?template=history

The old man was the first DEC reseller.

The old warehouse is still there.    The son tried to get into the PC business in the late 80s and the shop that had all the cool old 'tronics in it closed, since the PC customers did not like the dirty and dark.       Like John, other of us   "nerdi" knights knew it as a holy place.

Clem

FYI:   I bought my still working Tek 465B o'scope for $25 long ago (and it still has a DEC asset tag on the back ;-)
I still use to debug HW.