[HECnet] Vt100 tester

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue Mar 5 13:37:03 PST 2013

Interesting - really love to see the sources.    I wonder what is different / has changed.    By the early 2000s (pre compaq-tion) many/most of the systems developers on my team in MRO and ZKO, used xterms to get the vms systems for development (i.e we tended to use Alpha workstations but still needed to support some systems functions that ran on VMS). I supposed some must have used a PC for some of that work, but many of us just used our DS100's or the like running Tru64.

Hmm = you tests are interesting data - maybe more of them used DECterms than I thought and we never noticed.

Clem

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <system at tmesis.com> wrote:
Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> writes:

>try xterm.vt100.decTerminalID: 220
>Which was my memory, I'd check to the sources for sure.
>
>Also, don't forget to restart X.    The .Xresource stuff was always hokey
>and if things are not perfect, bad things happen.   I've spent way more time
>than I want to think dealing with Xresource crap over the years (and
>b*tching at authors).
>
>Clem

Doesn't make a bit of difference.   Still doesn't give me DECDWL or DECDHL,
and the debugger issue still persists.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG