[HECnet] Vt100 tester

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue Mar 5 13:05:03 PST 2013

try  xterm.vt100.decTerminalID: 220
Which was my memory, I'd check to the sources for sure.

Also,  don't forget to restart X.    The .Xresource stuff was always hokey and if things are not perfect, bad things happen.   I've spent way more time than I want to think dealing with Xresource crap over the years (and b*tching at authors).

Clem

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <system at tmesis.com> wrote:
Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> writes:

>On 2013-03-05 21:33, Johnny Billquist wrote:

>>> Yup... .Xresources has "decTerminalID: vt200" but that still doesn't
>>> excuse
>>> it for misbehaving as one. ;)   It also doesn't do DECDWL or DECDHL
>>> when it's
>>> set for vt200.
>>
>> Note that the value should be set to "220", not "vt220", nor "vt200".
>

>And I should correct myself. Leading letters are ignored in
>decTerminalID, so vt220 works just as well as 220. However, vt200 will
>probably still not create the desired result.
>
>And you need the resource class or resource name in there as well, so
>just a plain decTerminalID in your x resources will not work right.

I'll have to stop postin shorthand for you...

XTerm.vt100.decTerminalID: vt200

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG