web app, was Re: [HECnet] Personal DECstation 5000/25

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Sun Mar 3 12:18:42 PST 2013

I was thinking it sounds awesome too.   I'd love to see something like this, but my VMS coding is nowhere near good enough to try.

Ian

Sent from my iPad

On 2013-03-03, at 11:55 AM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 03/01/2013 02:57 AM, Mark Wickens wrote:
However, I haven't been completely sitting on my hands ;)
Last year I wrote a good portion of a java web application which is able
to apply semantic web techniques for searching the DECUS archive. This
is a great resource for code examples in many of the VMS-supported
programming languages. So far I have classified most of the VMS-specific
file types using the Java 7 custom mime-type hook and am now able, for
example, to search for DCL files within the DECUS archive for a specific
lexical call. My plan is to extend this to system library calls for all
common calling standard languages. The cataloging side is done I just
need to add some umph to the results (hyperlinking everything together).

This sounds *awesome*.

---
Filter service subscribers can train this email as spam or not-spam here:     http://my.email-as.net/spamham/cgi-bin/learn.pl?messageid=621310C6843C11E28ACA9D9893ED0201