web app, was Re: [HECnet] Personal DECstation 5000/25

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Mar 3 11:55:55 PST 2013

On 03/01/2013 02:57 AM, Mark Wickens wrote:
However, I haven't been completely sitting on my hands ;)
Last year I wrote a good portion of a java web application which is able
to apply semantic web techniques for searching the DECUS archive. This
is a great resource for code examples in many of the VMS-supported
programming languages. So far I have classified most of the VMS-specific
file types using the Java 7 custom mime-type hook and am now able, for
example, to search for DCL files within the DECUS archive for a specific
lexical call. My plan is to extend this to system library calls for all
common calling standard languages. The cataloging side is done I just
need to add some umph to the results (hyperlinking everything together).

  This sounds *awesome*.