[HECnet] CSV Proposal

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sun May 19 18:32:52 PDT 2013

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 07:23:00PM +0200, Sampsa Laine wrote:

1) The first line must *always* be the header. This is not optional.

This has already sort of been defined, i.e.:

ADDR |NAME   |OWNER                   |EMAIL                       |HARDWARE                           |OS                         |LOCATION                                       |NOTES

2) The field separator must be chosen.

I think we've settled on "|", no?

I addressed these later in that same email. :)

Yes, "|" and yes those are the headers I was thinking of.

5) The columns need to be defined required or optional.

Do we do this in the header or in the documentation?

In the documentation.

6) This all needs to be documented somewhere.

I'm happy to write a doc describing the format we eventually settle on.

If you want to, feel free. You probably have more free time than I will
over the next several weeks.

-brian