[HECnet] Another sillyness. More information in the nodename database on MIM.

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri May 17 15:18:12 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-16 18:28, Johnny Billquist wrote:
This is a totally volontary thing. I've finally come to the point
where I think that there are a few more pieces of data on nodes
that would be nice/useful to have from time to time.

  Much of the information you want (all of it, I think) is already in the
INFO.TXT file -

$ type legato""::info.txt
ADDR |NAME   |OWNER                   |EMAIL                 |HARDWARE                       |OS
|LOCATION               |NOTES
2.1   |LEGATO|Bob Armstrong   |bob at jfcl.com   |simh                               |OpenVMS
7.3|Milpitas, CA, US|DCN Multinet Ro
uter
2.2   |POCO   |                             |                           |MicroVAX-2000             |
|                               |6MB, RD54, TK50
2.4   |MEZZO |                             |                           |PDP-11/53                     |RSTS
|                               |3.5MB, 2xRA73,TK70, SCSI
2.6   |LARGO |                             |                           |VAX-11/730                   |VMS 4.7
|                               |R80, 2xRA81, RL02, RX02, TU80
2.7   |CODA   |                             |                           |DS20E                             |OpenVMS
8.3|                               |
2.9   |DIVISI|                             |                           |VAX-8350                       |VMS 5.5-2
|                               |16MB, RA81, RA82, TU81+
2.10 |ADAGIO|                             |                           |VAXserver 3900           |VMS 6.0
|                               |RA81, RX50, 2xRD54, Kennedy 9610, RRD50, RF31, 2xRF71,
RF72, SQ703, Exabyte 8505
2.11 |LENTO |                             |                           |PDP-11/73                     |RSX-11M+
|                               |2xRD32, RX50, RL02, Kennedy 9600
2.12 |JENSEN|                             |                           |DEC 2000 axp               |OpenVMS
7.3|                               |
2.13 |ZITI   |                             |                           |eBox-3310                     |Ubuntu
|                               |
2.14 |MULTIA|                             |                           |Multia UDB                   |OpenVMS
7.3|                               |
2.15 |PAVANE|                             |                           |DECstation 3100         |Ultrix
|                               |MIPS box w/DECnet-Ultrix
2.16 |SKETTI|                             |                           |HP ProLiant ML110G4 |Ubuntu
2.18 |DSRVB1|                             |                           |DECserver-200/MC       |
2.19 |DSRVB2|                             |                           |DECserver-200/MC       |

  FWIW, keeping a central database up to date is going to be a nightmare -
that's why we invented the INFO.TXT files; so each sysadmin could locally
update his own information.

BOb