[HECnet] TOPS-10 and DECnet Progress Update

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat May 18 07:14:27 PDT 2013

On 15 May 2013, at 05:13, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

Greetings all,

Thought I'd move this in to a cleaner, fresh thread...

I have managed to get a working install of TOPS-10 7.04/7.05 in KLH-10 with DECnet and LAT!   I have tested it from my VT420.

You can test it too!   SET HOST to MARLEY and LOGIN as 1,2 (no password yet...need to tweak that a bit).   Let me know how it works for you!

I still have a long way to go, and I have NO IDEA if I can replicate this install ever again...I have saved a complete (857,360 line!) copy of the terminal output for future reference though!

Next comes either: getting this working in SIMH, or getting it working on a real KS10/KL10 (I can likely convert this setup to a KS10, too.   I'd just need to consult the DECnet-10 manuals).   Now if only I had a KS10...;))

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff

Hello all,

One final update on the final update:   I've added a guest account.

SET HOST to MARLEY (9.10) (It's a bit slow to respond   only via DECnet.   I might need to play with buffers)

Credentials are guest and the password is guest.   Still need to install some stuff for language support.