[HECnet] Re: TOPS-10 and DECnet Progress Update

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Fri May 17 08:40:37 PDT 2013

Al 16/05/13 23:58, En/na Johnny Billquist ha escrit:
Are you sure it talks ok with the routing node? I mean, have you actually used any protocol to test, or just noted the adjacency up messages? The reason I ask is that the adjacency up messages are not really enough to be sure that the link really is working.
Well, the node appears in the $SHOW NET/OLD of all the routers in the net (adjacent or not), so the router (level-1) gets its address and broadcasts it as expected, but any access attempt (either with SET HOST or NFT/FAL) dails with a timeout for every node excepting the physically adjacent (the ones at the same virtual ethernet).

If I bridge that ethernet to the rest of my "backbone" (hehehe) then everyone can access the TOPS-10 node (as expected).