[HECnet] Re: TOPS-10 and DECnet Progress Update

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu May 16 22:58:55 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-16 22:16, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:
Al 15/05/13 22:52, En/na Cory Smelosky ha escrit:
What does it use for network device?

It's using the NI right now, as it's KLH10.
Speaking of devices... has anyone been succesful configuring KLH10 to
use a tap interface? I have not been able to do that, so I have to share
the host real ethernet, thus making not posible to run two instances of
KLH10 in the same host (unless I run those inside a VM, which is a
little bit overkill).

Oh, and a weird thing... I have a simulated TOPS-10 under KLH10 with
DECNET up and running... but it can talk only to its adjacent nodes. It
seems like the routing node (a simh 780 running VMS 4.7) does not route
traffic (in either direction) when the destination or the source is the
KLH10... Weird.

Are you sure it talks ok with the routing node? I mean, have you actually used any protocol to test, or just noted the adjacency up messages? The reason I ask is that the adjacency up messages are not really enough to be sure that the link really is working.