[HECnet] Re: TOPS-10 and DECnet Progress Update

Thu May 16 22:20:17 PDT 2013

On May 16, 2013, at 4:16 PM, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

Al 15/05/13 22:52, En/na Cory Smelosky ha escrit:
What does it use for network device?

It's using the NI right now, as it's KLH10.
Speaking of devices... has anyone been succesful configuring KLH10 to use a tap interface? I have not been able to do that, so I have to share the host real ethernet, thus making not posible to run two instances of KLH10 in the same host (unless I run those inside a VM, which is a little bit overkill).

Oh, and a weird thing... I have a simulated TOPS-10 under KLH10 with DECNET up and running... but it can talk only to its adjacent nodes. It seems like the routing node (a simh 780 running VMS 4.7) does not route traffic (in either direction) when the destination or the source is the KLH10... Weird.

Are events logged on either node when the packets are dropped?   What does Wireshark say is in the packet headers?   What does the VAX say in "show node tops10 status" ?

	paul