[HECnet] Re: TOPS-10 and DECnet Progress Update

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu May 16 21:44:50 PDT 2013

On Thu, 16 May 2013, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

Al 15/05/13 22:52, En/na Cory Smelosky ha escrit:
What does it use for network device?

It's using the NI right now, as it's KLH10.
Speaking of devices... has anyone been succesful configuring KLH10 to
use a tap interface? I have not been able to do that, so I have to share
the host real ethernet, thus making not posible to run two instances of
KLH10 in the same host (unless I run those inside a VM, which is a
little bit overkill).

Does running two instances work if you specify the mac addresses in the config file?   Try dedic=0 enaddr=<mac> ifc=eth0 decnet=1

I don't notice that issue, but I'm binding them to different interfaces on a Sun Quad Fast Ethernet card.

Oh, and a weird thing... I have a simulated TOPS-10 under KLH10 with
DECNET up and running... but it can talk only to its adjacent nodes. It
seems like the routing node (a simh 780 running VMS 4.7) does not route
traffic (in either direction) when the destination or the source is the
KLH10... Weird.

Weird.   What's the node number?

--
Cory Smelosky