[HECnet] Re: TOPS-10 and DECnet Progress Update

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed May 15 21:38:59 PDT 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013, Gregg Levine wrote:

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:27 PM,   <Paul_Koning at dell.com> wrote:
Awesome!

What does it use for network device?

              paul

On May 15, 2013, at 5:13 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:

Greetings all,

Thought I'd move this in to a cleaner, fresh thread...

I have managed to get a working install of TOPS-10 7.04/7.05 in KLH-10 with DECnet and LAT!   I have tested it from my VT420.

You can test it too!   SET HOST to MARLEY and LOGIN as 1,2 (no password yet...need to tweak that a bit).   Let me know how it works for you!

I still have a long way to go, and I have NO IDEA if I can replicate this install ever again...I have saved a complete (857,360 line!) copy of the terminal output for future reference though!

Next comes either: getting this working in SIMH, or getting it working on a real KS10/KL10 (I can likely convert this setup to a KS10, too.   I'd just need to consult the DECnet-10 manuals).   Now if only I had a KS10...;))

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff

Hello!
Isn't obvious? The invisible white mice that escaped from that daft
company inside that daft town named for the Greek expression that
really means "This bath water is too hot!".
----
Good going. Now why is a red monster wearing cheap sneakers pounding
on the keyboard of the connected terminal?

I had to summon some demons in order to get TOPS-10 working.   It involved lots of dark magic...

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com