[HECnet] Which DECnet interfaces support remote, unattended, booting?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri May 17 21:24:04 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-17 22:04, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:

On May 17, 2013, at 3:48 PM, Bob Armstrong wrote:

Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
QNA is not the only horrible Ethernet interface DEC designed.
The CNA (for the Pro bus) is....

  Oh great, now what am I gonna do with my PRO-380?? :-)

P/OS does support the CNA.   And hopefully, some day DECnet/E will do likewise.   Just not yet.   I want to do it, but I only have about 10% of the necessary work completed.

You have parts of RSTS/E running on the PRO? That would be pretty cool. Now, if I could only locate the sources for the PRO devices drivers under RSX, as well as the firmware, I could consider trying to release a new version of P/OS... ;-)