[HECnet] Which DECnet interfaces support remote, unattended, booting?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri May 17 21:22:34 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-17 21:48, Bob Armstrong wrote:

Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
QNA is not the only horrible Ethernet interface DEC designed.
  The CNA (for the Pro bus) is....

    Oh great, now what am I gonna do with my PRO-380?? :-)

Send it my way? :-) Especially if it has a CNA.
I have a -380 with the bitmap and extra memory, but no ethernet. It's occasionally been on HECnet, but using a serial line connection. (BEA::)

    FWIW, the DEQNA (M7504) does have an 8051 - it's at the back, next to the
handle and the three LEDs.

Saw Paul speculate on that one. I have no idea myself, and I have always been under the impression that the darn thing was done in discrete logic. Oh well... :-)