[HECnet] Console terminal switch and/or reverse terminal server suggestion?

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 17:08:11 PDT 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On Tue, 14 May 2013, Bob Armstrong wrote:

Johnny Billquist wrote:
But any terminal server can also setup a service.

Fred wrote:
Created services on the DECServer that allow me to connect to the console

of any host from any other host.

I didn't think a DECserver could do this (or at least not an old, stupid
one like a 100 or 200).   You guys are saying it can?

I've done it fine on my DECserver 200/MC.   She's smarter than you think. ;)

I'll go dust off an old DECserver and plug it in, and then I'll give it a
try.

Bob

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff

Hello!
I'll say. I have a collection of 90L-Pluses here. Getting them to work
is an interesting problem. I'm basically trying to find the rack that
they use to enable a more normal Ethernet connection to them, but it's
slow going.
-----
Dave don't do that. Stop staring. **Sounds of explosions are heard as
something outside his building explodes covering the windows in green
goo.**
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com