[HECnet] Console terminal switch and/or reverse terminal server suggestion?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue May 14 16:48:17 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-14 17:45, Bob Armstrong wrote:
Johnny Billquist wrote:
But any terminal server can also setup a service.

Fred wrote:
Created services on the DECServer that allow me to connect to the console
of any host from any other host.

    I didn't think a DECserver could do this (or at least not an old, stupid
one like a 100 or 200).   You guys are saying it can?

    I'll go dust off an old DECserver and plug it in, and then I'll give it a
try.

With reservation for the DS100, which I think cannot do reverse LAT. It might also not be able to define services. It's been so long since I used one them, that I'm not totally sure.
The DS200 will do it just fine though.