[HECnet] Multinet protocol description

Thu May 9 01:39:58 PDT 2013

On May 8, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Bob Armstrong wrote:

I think I figured it out.   The DECnet/Linux code is in dnprogs, file
multinet.c
... the multinet stuff hooks into the Ethernet machinery (via a tun/tap
port).

This just begs the question - can I run multinet.c as a stand alone
program?   Suppose I had a Linux machine, ran simh, connected the virtual
QNA/UNA to a tun/tap device, connected multinet.c to the same device, could
I then talk to a remote VMS node?

Quite a hack, but it might be useful ...

Bob

It looks that way.   Check out the code, it's part of the dnprogs package.   Just one file.

	paul