[HECnet] How to VMR S/A BRUSYS???

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue May 7 17:54:58 PDT 2013

    UFD DL0:[6,54]
    PIP DL0:[6,54]/CO=DU0:[6,54]*.*

Right. And then you do BOO DL:[6,54]BRUSYS, which should be just fine.

  I just booted it up and tried it to get the real message.   Here's what I'm
doing -

  Hardware boot DL0.   This boots the "real" RSX; when it gets to the MCR
prompt, I say "BOO [6,54]BRUSYS".

  BRUSYS boots normally, and asks the "first device/second device" stuff.
FWIW, I say "DL0" and "MS0".

  Hit enter and get the ">" prompt.

  At this point, I enter "TIM 09:45 7-may-85" and it says

	TIM -- 2

Not "error 2" (sorry, I misremembered that part); just "2" ...

  Typing BRU, BAD or INI all produce

	MCR -- 1

Curiously, entering just "TIM" with no argument actually works (although it
produces a bogus date/time).

  I've never seen messages like this either; I'm hoping they mean something
to somebody.

Thanks,
Bob