[HECnet] DDCMP over asynchronous emulated lines on simh 4.0

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Thu May 2 04:14:35 PDT 2013

From: Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com>

This line had me chuckling.   DZ were notorious for being lousy at
supporting modems because they lacked all a number of the needed RS-232
modem control lines.

Yeah -- I remember being dismayed that it didn't even have enough to power
a serial mouse.   That would have been stupid fun (as it already was on the
PDT-11/150's modem port).   I don't know how happy the mouse really would have
been talking to the PDP-11 over ~100' of cable, but that's part of what would
have made it stupid, and therefore, fun.

John Wilson
D Bit