[HECnet] Telnet/SSH attacks

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Nov 26 18:01:55 PST 2013

On 26 Nov 2013, at 23:08, Hans Vlems <hvlems at zonnet.nl> wrote:

No, I get telnet attempts from it, es and nl domains lately. I put a text in sys$announce that tells the, error, user that the system is privately owned, alle access attempts are logged and monitored and that unauthorized access is not allowed. The attempts are now down to a couple every 24 hours and no longer every 5 minutes.

Just got an SSH bruteforce attempt from Korea, decided to have a look at the chap's machine:

nmap -p1-65535 -T5 -sV -oAhax0r -P0 14.63.222.153

The "attack" stopped pretty quickly after that lol.

Sampsa