[HECnet] Apple LK keyboard?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Nov 25 00:30:50 PST 2013

On 24 Nov 2013, at 22:58, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

I can only agree. I've checked both iTerm and iTerm2 several times, and the terminal emulation sucks. Not usable, if you ask me.

The only decent VT emulation I know of (apart from DEC stuff) is actually xterm. And xterm is available on a MAC as well.

That, along with a full MAC keyboard (the one with the numeric keypad) will do pretty much all keys you'd normally want straight out of the box.

And xmodmap is your friend, if you want to customize things more, along with the resources for xterm.

It's weird, I just haven't had these problems with either Terminal.app or iTerm/iTerm2 - but   I guess if they get irritating enough I'll swap to xterm.

sampsa