[HECnet] Apple LK keyboard?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Sun Nov 24 09:24:37 PST 2013

Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> writes:

So I've had this idea for a while and FINALLY got my hands on a "proper" =
Mac 100+ key keyboard.

iTerm2.app will let me map pretty much any key to any escape sequence, =
what do you guys think of the following layout (had to be a bit =
'creative' and move some keys around):

http://sampsa.com/maclk.jpg

I'd have to ask you why "set C" is not the PF1 through PF4???

FWIW, the iTerm.app and iTerm2.app both have pretty awful VT emulations.   If
you really want/need to use a VT terminal, assuming your target is VMS, then
issue $CREATE/TERMINAL with the VMS display set to your Mac.   If you use ssh,
this is much simpler to establish, simply use the -X switch with ssh command.

You'll find that the Mac keyboard you've shown in your URL maps nicely under
the DECterm which will be launched on your Mac.   A few minor Xmodmap commands
or mods of the Xresource file will make things seem much more like an LK key-
board.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG