[HECnet] Apple LK keyboard?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sun Nov 24 10:05:17 PST 2013

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +358 40 7208932

On 24 Nov 2013, at 17:24, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> writes:

So I've had this idea for a while and FINALLY got my hands on a "proper" =
Mac 100+ key keyboard.

iTerm2.app will let me map pretty much any key to any escape sequence, =
what do you guys think of the following layout (had to be a bit =
'creative' and move some keys around):

http://sampsa.com/maclk.jpg

I'd have to ask you why "set C" is not the PF1 through PF4???

I thought about that, put since I've never actually used an LK keyboard for any amount of time I have problems with muscle memory. They'd be easy to swap around of course.

As for the VT problems in iTerm2 I haven't come across anything debilitating, at least in VMS - if I could do this in Terminal.app I would.

Tunnelling X on the links I'll be working on is not an option, unfortunately.

In any case, aside from the location of the PF keys, is that more or less a complete LK-style keyboard or am I missing something? Also looking at an image of the LK keyboard I saw that a lot of the keys had values printed "in the front" (e.g. Find has Home Cursor on it as well), are those shifted or? Should I add escape sequences for those as well, are they commonly used?

Sampsa