[HECnet] More cluster weirdness

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Nov 19 09:33:52 PST 2013

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

Hello,

Is it normal for a MicroVAX II to drop out of a cluster and then reboot
when the console is disconnected?

I am using a USB<--->serial adapter...when I unplug it from USB the
machine reboots itself and leaves the cluster.   (This wouldn't be too bad
if the battery that stores its settings hadn't died over a decade ago)

Anyone else have this problem?

You are making the console think it's seeing a <BREAK> being typed.
How are your switches set on the console bulkhead?

Break-enable switch is set.   I'll toggle that unless the bulkhead is still touchy when I get back.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff