[HECnet] Node data update

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Nov 18 16:51:14 PST 2013

On 2013-11-17 23:43, Steve Davidson wrote:
Go for it!

In the end though, I would like to see a distribution list so that
others may take advantage of this.

No problemo. I have a distribution list on MIM for it now.
MIM::US:[BQT]NOTIFY.DIS

Mail uses LEGATO:: as a gateway, so it will not work if LEGATO is down.

I should clarify that it means mail to destination outside of HECnet uses LEGATO. Mail to recipients inside HECnet requires that those specific machines are online (obviously).

Would the CHIMPY::smtp%"foo at bar.com" format work? I use that for some distribution lists on say HILANT..

Sure. Any address works equally well, actually. As long as it's a form of address I can use from MIM. It's just that LEGATO was in my head as a gateway I had used in the past which worked for delivering mail to the internet.

Then have both LEGATO and CHIMPY as relays, I doubt we'd be sending out THAT much mail that getting two copies would bother the recipient too badly..

Up to whomever wants to to tell me what address they want me to send to.

Of course, I will eventually move to my own SMTP client on MIM (once I've written it).