[HECnet] Node data update

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Nov 18 12:17:10 PST 2013

On 18 Nov 2013, at 00:16, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

On 2013-11-17 23:43, Steve Davidson wrote:
Go for it!

In the end though, I would like to see a distribution list so that
others may take advantage of this.

No problemo. I have a distribution list on MIM for it now.
MIM::US:[BQT]NOTIFY.DIS

Mail uses LEGATO:: as a gateway, so it will not work if LEGATO is down.

I should clarify that it means mail to destination outside of HECnet uses LEGATO. Mail to recipients inside HECnet requires that those specific machines are online (obviously).

Would the CHIMPY::smtp%"foo at bar.com" format work? I use that for some distribution lists on say HILANT..

Then have both LEGATO and CHIMPY as relays, I doubt we'd be sending out THAT much mail that getting two copies would bother the recipient too badly..

Sampsa