[HECnet] Node data update

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Sun Nov 17 18:58:05 PST 2013

Thank you!

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE
[mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On Behalf Of Johnny Billquist
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2013 19:24
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: Re: [HECnet] Node data update

On 2013-11-17 23:43, Steve Davidson wrote:
Go for it!

In the end though, I would like to see a distribution
list so that
others may take advantage of this.

No problemo. I have a distribution list on MIM for it now.
MIM::US:[BQT]NOTIFY.DIS

Now moved to US:[DECNET]NOTIFY.DIS, just in case someone
curious wants to look at it. And the execution of things are
done from US:[DECNET]MAKEFILE.

Any further questions can be directed directly to me, and
I'll refrain from spamming this list anymore. :-)

	Johnny

Mail uses LEGATO:: as a gateway, so it will not work if
LEGATO is down.

I should clarify that it means mail to destination outside
of HECnet
uses LEGATO. Mail to recipients inside HECnet requires that those
specific machines are online (obviously).

        Johnny

Also, sometimes database updates might actually not cause any real
change to the number to name mapping, just as a small warning.

Also, at this time, any additions or removals from that
distribution
are handled be me manually. So let me know if you want to be in or
out of that list.

        Johnny

-Steve