[HECnet] What started the modern VAX drive limit myth?

Hans Vlems hvlems at zonnet.nl
Sat Oct 26 19:21:08 PDT 2013

AFAIK it's not a myth for the microVAX 3100 series, except the models 8x and 9x. The same for the VAXstations 3100. The VAX 4x00 models and the VS4000s have no limit, at least not today.
The limit is a little over 1.0 GB btw.
Large capacity SCSI drives usually have SCA interfaces. So a converter is required to match the 50 pin connectors in a VAX. Not all converters work and the faulty ones fed the myth, I think.