[HECnet] FDDI advice

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Oct 10 20:41:24 PDT 2013

On 10/10/2013 03:37 PM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Corporate/boring.   But more specifically, nonproductive.   It's all
about keeping the money machine grinding forward.   Actually
delivering a finished product is the worst thing that happens in
that world, because they can no longer bill for it.   The contract
administrator (typically military, sometimes civilian) comes to
inspect the "progress", gives a smile and a wink, drives away in a
new BMW, and goes back to his office to fill out the report that
"everything is going fine, but there's been a minor cost
overrun..."

I hate to say it but professional services for a very expensive
security product is how I make my money :)

It's wrong on so many levels but affords me a great life style..

  Hey, more power to you, man!   It sounds good to me.   And it's very
different from how such things typically work in this country.