[HECnet] FDDI advice

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Oct 10 20:37:41 PDT 2013

Corporate/boring.   But more specifically, nonproductive.   It's all
about keeping the money machine grinding forward.   Actually delivering a
finished product is the worst thing that happens in that world, because
they can no longer bill for it.   The contract administrator (typically
military, sometimes civilian) comes to inspect the "progress", gives a
smile and a wink, drives away in a new BMW, and goes back to his office
to fill out the report that "everything is going fine, but there's been
a minor cost overrun..."

I hate to say it but professional services for a very expensive security product is how I make my money :)

It's wrong on so many levels but affords me a great life style..

sampsa