[HECnet] FDDI advice

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Oct 10 19:02:38 PDT 2013

Don't go looking for a job in that industry...they don't work that way
at all.   It's all about a degree, a certain physical appearance, short
hair, a tie, the ability to kiss ass...getting actual work done is not
in the picture.

I'm fighting with a bunch of those very stuffed shirts right now,
today in fact.   The annoyance is fresh.

Hmm, maybe in the US, but the guys I worked with who had SC and DV (DV = highest security clearance issued by HM Gov) used to walk around in shorts and sandals.

One of our favourite hobbies was trying to shoot down a remote controlled helicopter with an Airsoft AK47 whilst waiting for say an nmap scan to finish.

But I got bored on penetration testing after a few years, especially when it all became "Look for holes in this web app", so moved on..

sampsa