[HECnet] FDDI advice

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Oct 10 18:59:59 PDT 2013

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013, Sampsa Laine wrote:

(Correct answer: open a file, write to a file, close the file, write a client to open the file periodically.   Other answers: /dev/shm, writing to VGA memory directly, using serial lines, rsync to remote system)

How does that get served over the internet?

I never said it had to be.   I mistyped...the original question i asked said "httpd".

I also, rsync uses sockets, no?

It doesn't have to.

I like the idea of implementing your own SLIP + HTTPD over serial though..

I do too.   That's why it's a correct answer. ;)

It's intended to point out that a lot of modern CompSci students can't quite think outside the box...only by what the book, GitHub, Ruby conferences, and their elitist communities tell them.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff