[HECnet] FDDI advice

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 16:59:09 PDT 2013

On 10/10/2013 16:32, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
On Oct 10, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> wrote:

... I have a DEC VNswitch 900XX plugged into a DEChub One MX - there are clearly modular parts to that, but I'm presuming there isn't a FDDI copper module that I would be able to use?
That looks different (same size, though).   The one I was talking about is the DECbridge 900.   I see some variations on the net -- DECbridge 900MX seems to be the same except that it has two AUI connectors instead of being all 10Base-T.   And I think the original was a SAS (S port) while the MX is a DAS (A and B ports).   http://decdoc.itsx.net/dec94mds/defbaina.pdf has details and a picture.

	paul
Unfortunately, as nice a box as it is (that counts for most things with a 68k in ;) FDDI to 10MB doesn't solve any problems for me as the sole benefit is the jump to 100MB over the standard ethernet card in the 3000/800, so any solution that is going to work would need to give me access to 100MB+ at the other end of the FDDI.

Cheers, Mark.

--
    http://www.wickensonline.co.uk
    http://hecnet.eu